The lovely Katie at Mummy Daddy and Me Makes Three tagged me in her 10 Things I Bet You Didn't Know About Little Old Moi... post. So I've been racking my brains ever since for 10 interesting, unknown facts about myself, whilst also managing to be somewhat witty. But failing that I am just going to stick with doing exactly what it says on the tin.
1. I used to be dance teacher. We're talking a little while ago now but I loved it. I used to teach ballet, tap and freestyle dance to children aged from three years up to about thirteen years.
2. I love sewing. And I particularly like to take on big projects. My first ever sewing project was a king-size patchwork quilt. And I've made another since. Plus a mini quilt for the little guy's cot. And I made about 20 metres of colour coordinated bunting for my wedding.
3. I can lick my elbow. I'm pretty sure that you are actually not supposed to be able to do this. So I either have freakishly short arms or a freakishly long tongue.
4. The first concert I ever saw was Take That. I think this fact has regained credibility since they came back. I went with my mum to see them at Earls Court and we were in the actual back row, but I still cried like a nutter when Mark Owen sang Babe..... God I loved him so much. I used to write his surname instead of my own on my exercise books at primary school. What a loser?!?!
5. I was once saved from a sinking ship. Although that makes it sound very dramatic. I was picked up by a lifeboat when I was in a speedboat that filled with water from a high wave and then proceeded to sink. It was pretty scary at the time but in reality we probably could have made it to shore.
6. I have a degree in Theatre Studies. Yes, I was one of 'those' students as university. I ran around doing wacky stuff in the name of art.
7. I have been known to eat cooking chocolate when desperate.
8. I am a book snob. I will read practically anything. But we have drawers and drawers worth of trashy books hidden away around our house. The only ones which are actually allowed on the bookcase are classics and ones that make us look intelligent. Although I have to admit they are also my favourites.
9. I love the film Enchanted. Like, really love it. I fondly refer to it as "my happy place".
10. I wrote my own wedding vows. I'm glad that I did, but for a brief moment on my wedding day, I wished I hadn't as I blubbed my way through them, having just blubbed listening to hubby's. They meant more because they were our words, but I think my make-up may have stood up better to the traditional ones. I have to say hubby's vows were the most beautiful thing I've ever heard.
That was actually much harder than I thought. It took me ages to get a 10th one, and even then it's really lame.
@twopointfourchi @accidentallykle and @speegetti.
Sorry if you've already been tagged to do it.