Daddy is loving
* the new FIFA game.
* the little man loving school.
* a fun day out for the beautiful girl's birthday.
* seeing a couple of mates get married and enjoying the party afterwards.
* a trip to Switzerland with work.
Mummy is loving
* the great start that the beautiful boy has had at school.
* hearing all about the little lady's mornings at preschool.
* finally feeling ready for baby Flump to arrive.
* having a gorgeous dress to wear for our month of weddings.
* reading The Great Gatsby.
The beautiful boy is loving
* school and all the fun things he's learning.
* his best friend Lucy, he never stops talking about her.
* seeing the super blood moon lunar eclipse.
* reading his school books to us.
* going to the sealife centre.
The beautiful girl is loving
* being a three year old.
* being back at babyballet and also starting dance classes at Mummy's dance school.
* playing with Sylvanian Families.
* cheese sandwiches.
* rice krispie crunch birthday cake.
September has been a crazy kind of month. Between one child starting school, another starting preschool and all the prep involved with expecting a new baby its been a bit of a whirlwind. I had a sneaking suspicion as 2015 started that September was going to fly up at warp speed, because I was so worried and sad about the big milestones happening for the children. Of course back then I didn't know that it would also be an 'end of an era' kind of month. But my predictions proved correct and this Autumn has come round so fast it makes my head spin. Fortunately all the changes this month have gone pretty smoothly, and we've made time to enjoy time as a four before the big big changes October will bring.
And so that's it then... our final Me and Mine as a four. I must not cry. But it feels like a weird kind of milestone moment, because even allowing for going two weeks overdue, our fifth team member will be here in time for October's photo. I am so so glad that we have so many photos of this time while we're a four, because I know in a matter of weeks it will feel like another life time. (Okay here come the tears then!!!) And I'm also so excited to be documenting our family as a five right from the very beginning, because it's always kind of annoyed me that I didn't start Me and Mine until our beautiful girl was four months old.
We have the lovely Katie to thank for our Me and Mine photos this month. We had a day out together with our families and used it as an excuse to repeatedly swap cameras and capture each others' family photos for the month. I think I put the pressure on a bit by talking about how these were our 'end of an era' photos, but she did a lovely job of capturing some really natural, happy snaps of us... thanks bestie! And thanks Mads and LL for giving us plenty to laugh at while we had our photo taken.
It was only when I started putting this post together that I started reflecting on how September has been kind of a special month for us over the past few years. We became a four in September of 2012, and it will be our last month as a four too... poetic somehow I think. And looking back on the years in between it seems crazy how much our little family has grown and changed. I know I flashed back over previous Me and Mine photos in my post last month, but indulge me again, because... well I'm heavily pregnant and feeling all nostalgic.
And so all that's left for me to do this month is to you on to visit Lucy and her boys for their family photo this month. Her blog Capture by Lucy should need no introduction; pop over and have a look around at all the gorgeousness.