Daddy is loving
* coasteering in Newquay
* our family beach hut day.
* having a go at surfing.
* that the footy season has started
* learning all about the Solar System with the beautiful boy.
Mummy is loving
* lots of family time at the seaside.
* having Sons of Anarchy marathons in the evenings.
* walking through a field of sunflowers.
* crocheting blankets for her babies.
* enjoying days out that have become our family summer traditions.
The beautiful boy is loving
* learning everything there is to know about planets and the solar system.
* paddling his feet in the sea (and throwing himself in for a swim).
* sneaking off to his bedroom to read a book.
* counting us all down to Flump's arrival.
* bouncing on the bed.
The beautiful girl is loving
* being mummy to her baby dolls.
* sitting in her 'paddling pool' at the seaside.
* playing with her Sylvanian Families.
* singing nursery rhymes from dawn till dusk.
* having so many soft toys in her bed that there is barely room to sleep.
Our Me and Mine for August is kind of set in stone now I think. This year marks our fourth family photo in the exact same spot, and I now feel like our Augusts won't be complete without one. One of the things I love most about doing monthly family shots is how much it tracks the changes in our children and how they grow, how we all age and look slightly different from year to year. But there is something really special about recreating the same photo time and again that really marks those changes. This year our children could stand and peek through the bottom windows of the gate, and last year I know for a fact that they couldn't. And it's mad to think that there will be another little face peering through that gate next Summer. Our family is growing... in more ways than one, and I'm so happy that we are recording it with photos of us together.
I honestly think if ever an excuse were needed to make someone go out and take a family photograph, then this little collection would do it for me. From 2012, when we were right on the cusp of going from 3 to 4 (and that little hint of Splodge bump visible), with an excited little chubby toddler boy, who I really honestly can't really remember ever being that small. To 2013, when we had gained a team member in the form of our cuddly little lady, and our little man seems to have grown like a total weed in a year. Then 2014 where we were clearly juggling two toddlers, who were just at the beginnings of starting to look like total twins. And finally 2015, with another hint of bump to remind us that we are yet again on the cusp of a line up change, and two little people who are regularly mistaken for twins, and who totally know how to work Mummy's family shoots these days.
This month I'm sending you to visit the lovely Fritha and her family. Her family line up will be changing before the year is out, just like mine, with the addition of a little girl to their family. I am so so excited for them. So do pop by and see her, Tom and Wilf this month and see what they've been up to.