Rich is loving
* new television.
* new house.
* that he was brave and stroked an owl
* watching Everly trampolining.
* catching up with everyone at a family birthday party.
Lucy is loving
* being a proper grown up with a proper house.
* planning room makeovers.
* having fun family half term days out together.
* celebrating Dylan's sixth birthday.
* that the moving house stress is finally behind us.
Dylan is loving
* being six!
* the new science books he had for his birthday.
* having his own bedroom.
* the pig racing at Bockett Farm Park.
* memorising capital cities.
Everly is loving
* her new big bedroom.
* being gradually reunited with the toys that were packed away.
* eating mini eggs (always five, and matching ones are really exciting)
* cuddling her baby Rapunzel doll at bedtime.
* a new Equestria Girls movie on Netflix.
Ashlyn is loving
* riding the tractor at Bockett Farm.
* sitting on Everly's bed and looking at books.
* carrying Kit everywhere she goes.
* eating raisins.
* watching the Teletubbies and Something Special.
I feel like the end of February always flies around really quickly, probably because its such a short month. And its always quite a pleasant thing, after January always feels like the longest month ever. Although saying that, there have been times this month when it didn't feel like the end of the month could ever come soon enough, there were days that dragged while we waited for important calls, and busy days that flew by in a haze. In short... it's been one hell of a month for our family.
So yes, we moved. There were times it looked like we might not be moved in time for these snaps. But it all happened in the end. We exchanged later than planned, but our solicitors worked hard to make the completion still happen as planned; resulting in less that 48 hours between our exchange and the new place officially becoming ours. It was a whirlwind. An exciting one. But not one I'm keen to repeat in a hurry... or ever! But I'm so glad that we got some family pictures in amongst the madness of moving day, and then some new portraits on our new front step, I feel like we'll love looking back on these in years to come.
On top of that our beautiful boy turned six this month. Which seems like such a big milestone; because six really isn't a little boy anymore, it's the definite end to the "early years". And we celebrated in the way he wanted; with chocolate cake (no candles), a trip to the cinema, and lots of new books about all his favourite things.
So that was our month. Kind of a big and busy one. And now we are looking forward to a March full of rest... although who am I kidding, it will mostly be full of DIY. I can't wait to see what you all have to share this month, and make sure you pop by my cohosts (Alex, Charlotte, Fritha, Jenny, Katie and Lucy) to see what they've been up to this month too.