Daddy is loving
* being back playing football.
* watching Mr Robot.
* eating Rowntrees Randoms.
* watching Narcos.
* Abokado rice pots for lunch.
Mummy is loving
* seeing the relationships grow between the children and all the smiles they share.
* a weekend with my baby bro home.
* having a new coat; just in time for the cold weather.
* getting lovely new clothes for the littlest lady.
* the Urban Decay Naked Smokey palette.
The beautiful boy is loving
* a weekend to play horses with Uncle Matt.
* bouncing on the bouncy castle at his friend's superhero party.
* being back at football training
* playing AstroCat on the iPad.
* counting down the days to his birthday in February.
The beautiful girl is loving
* lots of family time with us all together at home.
* watching Shimmer and Shine, and singing the songs too.
* spending time with Uncle Matt and Auntie Tiff.
* being bribed with mini eggs.
* drawing with her Aquadoodle.
The beautiful little lady is loving
* kicking and splashing in the bath.
* being cosy for walks in her new pram.
* when her big brother sings "You Are My Sunshine" to her.
* when her big sister sings "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to her.
January always feels like such an incredibly long month. And this year's has been no exception. We seem to have been busy but I can't really pinpoint what it is we've achieved, there has been a lot of working, chores, errands and such like; we've been getting back into routines after Christmas I guess. But while we haven't done anything especially glamorous or exciting, we have had lots of family time and therefore it's hard to complain... although some nice weather some time soon would be good!
I'm so excited to be starting another year of The Me and Mine Project. To say that taking these photos each month is something I'm passionate about would be an understatement. Some months it's easy, some months are more of a challenge... but I never regret for a second that we make that effort to record our family as it grows, and to capture a moment each month of us together.
It feels like my little family has come a long way since I started this project three years ago. That January we had snow... oh how I dream of a little bit of snow. Our biggest girl was around the same age that our littlest girl is now. It's sort of mad to think how much the children have grown and changed in that time, not least our littlest one who we couldn't have even dreamed of way back then. My brother took those photographs for us back in 2013, and I think it's a nice bit of symmetry that he also took this month's photos for us too.
There are so many subtle things about these photos that I love. My biggest girl and her daddy are having quite "a thing" this month, and it wasn't until I started editing them that I realised that she is in constant contact with him in these photos. I also love her muddy knees... that's her all over. Out of the car for two minutes and already covered in mud. I love that is every single photo you can see a little bit of the bond between my three little loves, they are seemingly always touching or kissing or smiling for one another. And I also love how our littlest totally steals the show with her totally bemused expressions, as if she's thinking "what on earth are these crazy loons making me do now?"... she's got a lot to learn!
So that's our January snaps... And that start of another year. The Me and Mine Project 2016 officially starts here and I couldn't be more excited.
This year The Me and Mine Project is also on Instagram, so do pop over to @meandmineproject and give us a follow. Add #meandmineproject to your photos and then we'll be sharing some of our favourites. And it can be any family photos at any time in the month, not just the ones you link up for The Me and Mine Project blog post. I'm hoping we can create a real community and a massive collection of lovely family moments and memories.
This year I am again being joined by my cohosts Alex, Fritha, Jenny, Katie and Lucy. So do pop by all their blogs and see the photos of their families that they are sharing this month. And link up your family photos at the bottom too, I can't wait to see them all.